Experiential and Outdoor Education
Experiential education is a hallmark of our school, rounding out our classic liberal arts program by extending the classroom into the real world and inviting the real world onto our campus. Tarriers of every age have consistent opportunities to reinforce and extend
lessons and see firsthand how they apply well beyond the classroom. Experiential education makes learning stick by synthesizing ideas, perspectives, and attitudes
—all while enriching the relationships between teachers and students.
Experiential education at CWA allows students to find, develop, and pursue their passions as well as to stretch and engage with prudent risk-taking—an avenue for
personal growth. Experiential education generates exceptional opportunities for our students. It is the epitome of active and collaborative learning, and your investment through this year’s Fund-A-Need will help us elevate the program to the next level. Your gift to enhance and expand our program is a meaningful commitment to make even
more exceptional opportunities possible for all Tarriers.
STRENGTHEN AND EXPAND CURRENT PROGRAMS
• Transportation – mini bus or SUV with trailer
• Robotics – tools, equipment, technology, and supplies
• Outdoor Education – support for the student-managed Outdoor Club,
snowshoes and trekking poles, clothing and sleeping bags for the loaner closet
• Professional Development Fund –
Expand on risk management, programmaticand other training opportunities for faculty
DEVELOP NEW PROGRAMS
• Makerspace - Funds to develop plan for hands-on learning space
• Provide mini-grants and seed money to explore and jump-start new experiences
• Explore the intersection of art, science, mathematics, engineering, and technology—
and create spaces to support this IF TOGETHER WE REACH THE FUND-A-NEED
GOAL OF $150,000, AN ANONYMOUS DONOR HAS AGREED TO GIVE $50,000 AS START-UP FUNDS TO BEGIN BUILDING A MAKERSPACE ON CAMPUS.
Thank you to the 2018 Spirit Auction Sponsors!